Monday, January 4, 2010

Figuring Out Left 4 Dead 2 SDK

Counter-Strike: Source map is coming along quite nicely.  I don't have any fresh screens, but the texturing and optimizing is going well, around 50% complete I'd say.  Still need to do lighting after that, it's all very basic right now.  I also still have to switch the exterior ground to displacement, which I think is going to improve the look and feel a ton.

Anyway, I've been looking at L4D2 in the past couple of days, trying to figure out the new instancing methods and trying to get a test map going on that will do both Scavenge and Survival modes.  No love yet, but it's coming along.  There are no tutorials to speak of on any of this yet, so it's basically fighting your way through the Valve example map (Deadline 2) and trying to figure things out...  Complicated as hell, but I think once it all becomes clear it's a far better system.  Posted a little tutorial on l4dmaps.net forums on the instancing thing...

Anyway, back to trying to get this working!

No comments: