Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Beta v4 & Launch On L4maps.com Tomorrow!

Screenshots tonight...!  Phew, I'm off to bed after this, that's for sure.  Got a TON of work done today.  I started with the problem that Survival was too easy on the Hotel balcony.  Spent quite some time building back into the hotel to make infected spawn areas behind the survivors.  Nice screens below.  Added another cache of gear on top of the complex for Survival mode as well.  Fixed nav (a lot). No errors.  Tested.  Director will just not spawn much at all from these new spots, even while marked obscured.  I screwed with things for another couple of hours.  Took a walk to cool down and get some beer.  Then it came to me:  why not take back instead of build out for Survival?  So I got rid of all the day's work and put boards over the windows in the last 2 hotel rooms that spawn in Survival only.  Some minor issues, but it seems to have increased the difficulty somewhat on the hotel balcony, so it's good for the Beta v4...

I also fixed up the CN Tower model so it's proportions are a little better.  Not saying they're final, but hey, it looks better!  Still have a lot to do in the skybox, in any case...

On to the screenshots...

 

The highlighted areas are the new ones I added for infected spawn zones.

 

Still having problems with bots and that Survivor down rope on the left.  New infected ladder on the right.

Added a new Survival mode base spot on the complex roof.

 

 This is what it ended up looking like after taking all that work out.  Huh.


 

First beauty shot.  Well, as beautiful as it gets until the skybox is properly finished...


 

First top-down in a while...  I like it from up here...

 

Oh, that same shot...  I keep taking it...

 

The L4Dmaps.com Money Shot.  They wanted it, they got it.  I added the WoLD logo as well, cause that's why the map exists.  I'll make them both look better when I get better at it.  Haha.


Haven't taken this shot in a while.  Looks better now, I think.


And just in case I didn't take enough of these...  Here's one more!  Um, notice the CN Tower...  It's, uh, Toronto...

That's it for now.  Must sleep.  I'll pack this up and release it in the morning.

No comments: