Monday, December 21, 2009

Counter-Strike Map Update

I haven't been posting anywhere near as much as I wanted to, mostly because I've been so involved in the production of this map.  It's come a huge distance in the past week.  The top down view you'll see below is (for the time being, anyway) the final version.  It went through several iterations and many hours of bot testing.  This version seems very balanced, with bot team scores like 18-20 and such.  I'm hoping this translates well into human play, but not having done anything like this before, I honestly can't say how that will work out.

I'm into the beautification process currently, at the same time as optimizing.  For the most part I'm done work until after the holidays.  No idea how long until I have something actually ready for release, but I think it should be fairly early in the new year.

This map (so far) has been built almost exclusively with the stock textures and models from the Dust maps.  It's not ideal, but until I learn more about modelling and making textures, it's going to have to do.  As with the Left 4 Dead campaign, it's forcing me to work within certain limitations, which I don't think is a bad thing in terms of honing my mapping skills.

So here is the new top-down view, as well as 3 other screenshots that give a bit of a feeling of the map...



 

 

 

No comments: